Friday, May 28, 2010

Yummy in my tummy Hummus

I recently became a fan of hummus so I've been testing the waters to make it at home. So far I have 2 recipes. They are very loosy goosy because it all depends on how much flavor you like. Hummus is great on crackers and veggies.

Recipe 1
2 cans of chick peas/garbonza beans
2 heaping tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup or so EVOO
water

Put your beans in a blender and add the garlic. I like to puree mine but you can make it as thick and chunky as you like. Drizzle your EVOO in and add water to thin it out. You can add as much EVOO or water as you like or not add water. I added a dash of salt to mine.

Recipe 2
2 cans chick peas
fresh rosemary
EVOO

Put beans and rosemary in the blender and puree. Drizzle in EVOO and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment