Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cake Balls

A friend of mine made these little treasures on a sucker stick as a baby shower favor and they were so cute. I just tried making them last week and they were a huge hit with the family. I made a second batch thinking I would freeze them and the girls could take them as Valentine treats for their classes, but everyone has been eating the second batch before I could freeze them!

cake mix--prepared, as directed, in a 9x13 pan---cooled
1 tub cream cheese frosting (it may work with other kinds, but I've only tried cream cheese)
Dipping chocolate (I use the kind from Michaels)

When the cake is cooled, start picking it up with your hands and crumble it in a large bowl. Then stir in the frosting and mix it all up.

Cover a sheet pan with wax paper and roll cake/frosting mixture into balls. I first them kind of big, but found that smaller ones turn out more manageable. Refrigerate for an hour or 20 min in the freezer.

When the balls are cold enough to handle, melt chocolate and then drop the balls in and roll them until covered. Set covered balls onto wax paper to set.

Mine are hideous compared to these beautiful samples on bakerella.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment